GREEN WASTE BINS AT HAMILTON PARK
Green waste bins are available through the ACT Government with applications for Hamilton Park residents to be made via the Strata Manager. Hamilton Park owners are able to apply for a green waste bin at a one-off cost of $50 to be paid by the applicant. Unit numbers will be placed on each green waste bin for identification purposes at a cost of $3.05 per number.
- Owners can make an application for a green waste bin via the Hamilton Park email address
or through the contact page.
- Applications for a green waste bin need to include your full name, unit number and best
- The application cost ($50) and numbering cost (%3.05 per number) will be invoiced to you
via your next Strata levy account.
- Residents who are not owners but wish to order a green waste bin will need to discuss their
application with the unit owner.
RULES FOR USE:
- Individual units are responsible for the storage of green waste bins within the fence
perimeter of the unit (i.e. not on common property and not on the main driveway).
- Individual units are responsible for compliance with the ACT Government’s rules and
regulations regarding use of green waste bins. More information can be found online.
- Collection day is alternate Thursdays. A copy of the collection calendar is available online.
Individual units are responsible for placing green waste bins on the verge of the Hamilton
Park complex on Cossington Smith Crescent for collection.
- Green waste bins are to be put out for collection no earlier than the night before collection
- Individual units are responsible for retrieving green waste bins from Cossington Smith
Crescent after collection.
- Green waste bins are to be returned to your unit no later than the morning after collection
- If your bin is on the street in time for collection but is not emptied you can report this to ACT
NoWaste (via Access Canberra 13 22 81) and they will arrange for the bin to be emptied.
- If your bin is damaged or stolen it will be repaired/replaced at no cost. Any damage/theft
can be reported to ACT NoWaste online to arrange
- Any non-compliance with the rules outlined here will be considered by the Hamilton Park
- Any additional issues with green waste bin maintenance can be reported to
or via the contact page.
Any additional questions or concerns can be emailed to or made through the contact page.
HP Executive Committee
Approved by Hamilton Park Executive Committee 6 August 2019.
Webpage updated 18 August 2019