Welcome to the Hamilton Park website for residents and owners
The Body Corporate Executive Committee (in conjunction with the Body Corporate Manager – Whittles Strata Partners (formally Strata Partner ACT) control and administer the area known as ‘common property’ within the subdivided property of a block of units.
Functions of a body corporate include:
- Organise the maintenance of the common property
- Convene the annual general meeting
- Ensure that notices, such as meeting notices and levy notices, are sent to owners
- Respond to inquiries from owners and other persons
- collecting and managing funds
- arranging insurance
- advising of any changes to relevant legislation and regulations.
News and Events
On 11 Dec a brown snake was seen at Unit 9, it was removed by snake catchers.
On 25 & 26 Dec another brown snake was seen in the front courtyard of unit 17. Snake catchers were unavailable.
The residents of unit 17 will keep an eye out and call in snake catchers if spotted, but all residents need to be mindful of snakes – especially if you have children or pets or plan on gardening.
A note regarding this latest sighting has been placed in all mail boxes and close units have been notified verbally when available.
updated 27 Dec 2019
The property manager’s duties include selecting tenants, collecting rent, arranging repairs, marketing the property, negotiating leases and rent reviews, advising on market rents and representing the property owner at tribunal hearings.
The Property Managers are Whittles Strata Partners (formally Strata Partner ACT)
The personalised web portal gives owners is available (more details soon):
The house rules include rules relating to parking, garbage and recycling, signs, speed limit, noise, pets, lawns and gardens, and swimming pools. Also garden waste, large cardboard, building waste, unwanted household items, furniture and large items.
These rules are enforceable under the Unit Title Act (2010)
Modifying your property
- This covers modifying the unit in some way, including installing air-conditioning, solar panels, solar hot water,